On July 9 and 10 2016, SFR will host the sixth annual 2brevet weekend.
On Saturday, July 9, we begin at the Golden Gate Bridge at 0600. There will be a 300km brevet that travels to Cloverdale, CA and then completes a loop to Hopland, Ukiah, Boonville and back to the Best Western Cloverdale. There will be a 200km brevet that travels along approximately the same route but terminates in Cloverdale without doing the additional loop.
On Sunday, July 10, we begin at Cloverdale City Hall at 0800. There will be a 200km brevet that begins returns to the Golden Gate Bridge. Some riders may elect to return south via shorter routes, such as the Tour of the Three Breweries (RUSA page, map).
- Event registration on the SFR website is up! During registration, you may select the 300/200 or 200/200 option.
- These routes are individual brevets with one way routes. They are intended to be combined for a two day experience. Riders are welcome to join the brevet for one day, but will need to arrange transportation to or from Cloverdale on their own.
When you contact either of the hotels to book your room, mention that you are reserving a room with the San Francisco Randonneurs block. Use the regular line, not group reservations.
- 10 double-occupancy rooms and 5 single-occupancy rooms are reserved for Saturday night July 9 at Best Western Cloverdale (324 South Cloverdale Boulevard, Cloverdale, CA 95425, 707-894-7500).
If you would like to ride this event and would like to meet your spouse, SO, or BFF in Cloverdale, please do so.
- Saturday night's dinner location is the patio at the Railroad Station Bar and Grill. The meal is included with your registration.
- On June 27, 2016, the menu will be announced to riders via e-mail, and you will be asked to choose 1 of 4 dishes.
- Saturday and Sunday finish controls will have the stunning spread of snacks and drinks for which SFR events are famous.
- If you have dietary restrictions, please e-mail no later than July 2 2016. We want to get you the food you need, but we need to know well in advance.
- SFR volunteers run a bag drop service to and from Best Western Cloverdale so that you can have a change of clothes for the evening and a second riding kit for Sunday.
- Drop bag size limit is 10" x 10" x 20". Please do not exceed these dimensions!
- 300km riders: Do not plan to access to your drop bags when passing through Cloverdale to do the Booneville Lollipop. Plan accordingly.
- Riders are encouraged to cycle, take public transit, and carpool to the event start as much as possible.
- If you must drive, parking suggestions will be provided in the pre-ride e-mail during the week prior to the event. These are not formal arrangements for parking, and should be treated only as suggestions.
- Thank you to the folks who have already stepped up to volunteer for this event!
- We still need volunteers for the event, listed below. If you are interested in helping, please e-mail
- Volunteer Roles (link to Volunteer FAQ)
- Ride Contact:
- Saturday: 1 person for ride contact 0600 Saturday - 0200 Sunday
- Sunday: 1 person for ride contact 0800 Sunday - 0930 Sunday
- Drop Bag Transportation:
- Saturday & Sunday: 2 people for drop bag transportation: 0500-0700 (SF bag pickup, start control), 1400-1700 (Cloverdale bag dropoff, first shift finish control); Sunday 0700-0815 (Cloverdale bag pickup, collect start control supplies), 1600-1830 (SF bag dropoff, first shift finish control).
- SFR will pay your expenses, including gas, hotel room, and food.
- Riders' friends and family are encouraged to support the ride by volunteering for this position!
- Saturday: 4 people for start check-in: 0500-0615 (GGB Visitor Center, SF)
- Saturday: 6 people for finish check-in and dinner coordination: 1400-1700, 1700-2000, 2000-2300, 2300-0030 (Best Western, Cloverdale)
- Sunday: 3 people for start check-in: 0700-0800 (Cloverdale City Hall)
- Sunday: 4 people for finish check-in: 1600-1830, 1830-2130 (Ft. Scott parking lot @ Lincoln & Storey, SF)
- Ride Contact:
- SFR will reimburse you for any event related expense – purchases, road tolls, gas – whatever is reasonable – save your receipts.