Spring 2020 Del Puerto Canyon 200km POSTPONED
Spring 2020 Del Puerto Canyon 200km POSTPONED
The Spring Del Puerto Canyon 200k has been POSTPONED

In the wider world beyond randonneuring things have been moving quickly. Public events much larger than our scheduled brevet have been cancelled or postponed, but on a much smaller scale, the State of California issued a statewide guidance on mass gatherings that has implications for gatherings as small as 10 people. The latter can proceed as long as a 6 foot social distance can be implemented. As easily as our event could be described as meeting that guideline because it takes place outdoors, so too could a list of likely instances where it would just not meet that guideline despite being outdoors. As one example, the Del Puerto Canyon 200 route has always been one that would see riders participate in pacelines where that 6 foot distance would be breached in an environment where the respiratory droplets that spread COVID-19 could be present.

The San Francisco Randonneurs Board met this week to discuss what to do and as a group decided that the better path would be to work toward helping our communities slow the spread of COVID-19 and not run the risk of potentially adding to the burden being faced by medical services right now by postponing the Spring Del Puerto Canyon 200k brevet. This includes the worker's ride planned for this Sunday for the volunteers that would have been supporting the brevet. The event will be rescheduled, but a new date has not been yet

If you have any questions, please let us know.